Port Dalhousie was the northern terminus of the first three Welland Canals. (The fourth canal moved the terminus a few miles east to Port Weller). Our main docks begin just downstream of the stonework of the Lock one of the second canal. These docks exit onto the main street of Port Dalhousie which offers an array of shops and restaurants.
It was on January 8th, 1937 that the club was started. It was not until March 1st, 1945 that the club was incorporated as the not for profit entity that we have today.